Crypto & Blockchain News 25 Dec 2021: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dai, Quant
1. Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has reportedly confirmed the completion of a crypto law draft that will soon be shared with the Parliament for mainstream implementation in the country. In an effort to counter the falling value of the Turkish lira, President Erdoğan shared plans to implement a new economic model while speaking at a press conference in Istanbul.
2. As a preview of its 2022 Crypto Crime Report, blockchain data platform Chainalysis provided an early look at the data, which is due in full in February. According to this first glance, scams continued to be the primary form of cryptocurrency-based crime by transaction volume.
3. The year 2021 has seen an increase in “rug pulls,” a new scam capable of luring both early adopters and new crypto investors.
4. On-chain data shows Bitcoin miners have continued to accumulate as their reserves have now reached a yearly high.
5. This year has been monumental for the cryptocurrency sector in terms of mainstream adoption. A recent report published by Grayscale Investments found that more than one-quarter of United States investors (26%) surveyed own Bitcoin (BTC), up from 23% in 2020.
#crypto #blockchain #bitcoin #turkeys #law #ready #parliament